Wednesday, June 23, 2010

October 15 Luncheon

Menu:
Baked Stuffed Sole
Boneless Stuffed Chicken Breast
Prime Rib
Ummmmm!

The pleasant - and usually familiar - music you will hear while you are conversing with your friends and munching the good food will be coming from the keyboard of Janet Holcombe. Janet has an interesting background. Professionally, she is a Registered Nurse who worked at Hartford Hospital for many years, later was an industrial nurse, and then a private duty nurse. She will be the first to tell you, however, that music has always been a part of her life. She thinks perhaps it was destined to be. Her mother played the piano; a sister was a violinist, and a brother a saxophone player. Janet has been playing the piano since the age of 10 but did not take lessons until her adult years. She says ”I always found reading music to be quite difficult and I began to rely on ‘my ear’. Tunes are going around in my head all the time and I constantly run over to my piano to ‘try out’ a tune. I love to play my grand piano and my keyboard. In summary - I LOVE MUSIC!”

No comments:

Post a Comment